[Live-devel] A little problem with streaming the mpeg-4

Gao Hong joy.highland at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 01:12:52 PDT 2006

Hello
      First thanks for your great contribution to the open software.

      I noticed that the LIVE rtsp server can only stream the mpeg4
elementry streem.But I what I need is to stream the video as well as  the
audio.So I split the video and audio separately from the
source.Andconverted them to the .m4v and .mp3 file.
      Then I stream them in the same MediaSession by two counterpart
subsession.But when I receive the rtp stream by mplayer,I found that the
image can not synchronize with the mp3 stream very well.There is about 1
second gap between the two stream.So I captured the rtp packet finding that
the two stream have  different timestamp.
      What's the problem?Can I stream them like this?Or have I make some
modification to the LIVE rtcp source file?

      That's my first question.The second one is that the mplayer can not
end itself normally when it has received the whole video packet(as I
described previously I transmit the .m4v and .mp3 stream together).The
mplayer just hang itself there like blocked.So I can only stop the mplay by
press Ctrl+C.Is there anyting wrong with the Live rtsp protocol or the
mplyer?

      Thanks for you help!