[Live-devel] viewing the data currently being streamed

Prabhu Rangarajan prabhur at CLEMSON.EDU
Sun Apr 23 19:02:11 PDT 2006

Hi Ross,
I tried running the test programs testWAVAudioStreamer/testmp3streamer.

While it keeps streaming the test file in an endless loop, I tried to see
the streamed content by

1) Opening the generated URL rtsp://x.x.x.x:8554/testStream in VLC(VLC hangs)
2) Running the command : OpenRTSP rtsp://x.x.x.x:8554/testStream(does
nothing - just freezes)

The program testmp3Receiver was able to display the data sent by
testmp3streamer on stdout(heap of funny characters).

Now I wonder if in ideal conditions, Options 1 and 2 should be able to do
something(ie, VLC should be able to play the streaming data) - Could it be
that the input files I'm using are too small(< 500 KB) ?

Thanks in advance
Prabhu