[Live-devel] input from microphone and camera

Prabhu Rangarajan prabhur at CLEMSON.EDU
Mon Apr 24 09:30:47 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm sure some of you may have experienced this, so you might be able to
give some ideas.

I plan to stream input from microphone(user willl talk into the mike) and
a camera(Creative NX - I think its output is in I420/RGB frame format).

I am not sure what kind of format this audio input will have. Do I have to
write a class or can I use an existing class(AC3,AMR etc) from the
liveMedia/LiveMedia directory?

Also for the camera input, are there any existing classes in the
liveMedia/liveMedia directory that can be used for I420 frames or should I
write my own class?

Thanks in advance,
Prabhu