[Live-devel] Q: No RTCP Sink Avail. / Run-time stream changes

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 7 16:32:31 PDT 2006

>1. Will the Live555 RTSP server have problems sending or receiving RTP data
>if I cannot provide a source/sink for RTCP packets?

I don't really understand this question, but if you're asking whether
you can make RTCP optional, then the answer is no.  RTCP is a
mandatory part of the RTP/RTCP standard.

>2. I want to add and remove Streams while my application is running to
>allow for selectable file names.  I notice in the testOnDemandRTSPServer
>application, all the streams are added prior to starting the environment
>loop.  Can you tell me if there would be a problem if another thread setup
>streams for use with future sessions and added those streams to the
>environment while the environment was running?

You can add new "ServerMediaSession" objects to (or remove existing
"ServerMediaSession" objects from) a running RTSPServer at any time.
But you do this within the event loop - not using threads.  Please,
everybody, read the FAQ!