[Live-devel] Possible to join multicast and extract jpegs?

Thomas Christensen tchristensen at nordija.com
Tue Aug 8 05:40:40 PDT 2006

Hi

I want to extract images from a multicasted mpeg2 transport stream
TS. The TS is raw udp and does not use RTP. I figure the required
streps are the following:

1. Receive MPEG2-TS and keep a buffer that only keeps the latest
couple of screens
2. Extract a key-frame from that buffer and save as jpeg

Regarding step 1, I've looked at the various
testMPEG*VideoReceiver.cpp programs. They seem to require RTP and
RTCP streams. Does anyone know of a better place to start?

Step 2, extracting Jpeg. Has anyone done that?

Thanks for producing a great library.

cheers

Thomas