[Live-devel] H264 FU-A

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sun Aug 13 08:01:07 PDT 2006

He Ross,

I'm looking into H264 a bit more.
I was wondering. I cannot find what liveMedia does with "incomplete"
FU-A or FU-B packets.

As far as I know, if an FU-A or FU-B packet becomes "broken", the
receiver should discard all data up to the next packet, and may pass
along what it has already received, as long as it marks the NALU as
invalid (or discard it completely of course).

Is this happening?
I'm wondering why I need to feed the liveMedia stream trough our
packetizer. Either ffmpeg is just very fault intolerant for H264, or
something is wrong with the data fed from RTSP.

DJ