[Live-devel] Finding out the hostname in GroupsockHelper...

Joseph Lazar jlazar at xperts.hu
Mon Aug 14 08:52:25 PDT 2006

Hi Ross,

In GroupsockHelper.cpp (ourSourceAddressForMulticast) you start finding
out our own host IP via sending out a multicast packet with a 5 sec
timeout. In most cases this will run to a timeout, while the
gethostname() or gethostbyname() will always work and much faster than
the previous. Couldn't it be a better solution to have those before the
multicast stuff. Now we always start the stream 5 secs later
(practically a 5 secs delay every time we open a session).

-- joseph