[Live-devel] base64 encode and vlc streaming h264 to quicktime

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Tue Aug 15 06:56:08 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been working feverishly this week to get VLC to be able to
stream H264 to Quicktime Player, and I succeeded.
The code will be in VLC shortly.

Ross, while working on this, i had to Base64 encode the SPS and PPS.
I couldn't get it work at first, until i noticed that the logic of
both the b64_encode in vlc and in can only handle string data, and
not binary data (which may contain \0).
It might be wise to adapt your base64 encoder to take (data, i_len)
as input instead, allow for internal 0's, and output a proper base64
char*, as i will be doing for VLC.

DJ