[Live-devel] callback doesnot work for MP4

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 15 10:10:52 PDT 2006

>subsession->readSource()->getNextFrame(m_context->video_packet,
>MAX_RTP_FRAME_SIZE, after_reading_video, m_context,
>on_source_close,m_context);
>.
>.
>
>calls the getNextFrame routine of the framedsource
>class. The callback function pointer is provided but
>doesnot get called back for MP4V-ES format video
>whereas it works perfectly for MPEG 1 or 2. I can't
>seem to understand this code can anyone explain what
>is happening in Live ? And why for MP4V-ES stream the
>callback function is not called.

It may be because the input MP4V-ES/RTP stream is not valid.  In
particular, perhaps it does not use the RTP "M" bit to mark the last
fragment of each video frame, so that the
"fCurrentPacketCompletesFrame" variable in "MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource"
gets set correctly.

But without having access to your input stream, I can only speculate...