[Live-devel] about: presentationTime--NPT--playMediaSe ssion--re-connect

weiyutao36 weiyutao36 at 163.com
Fri Aug 18 06:15:14 PDT 2006

Hi Ross,
In MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp,in the function void
MultiFramedRTPSource::networkReadHandler(MultiFramedRTPSource*
source, int /*mask*/) there is a code segment:
===================================
// Fill in the rest of the packet descriptor, and store it:
    struct timeval timeNow;gettimeofday(&timeNow, NULL);
    bPacket->assignMiscParams(rtpSeqNo, rtpTimestamp,
presentationTime,hasBeenSyncedUsingRTCP, rtpMarkerBit, timeNow);
    source->fReorderingBuffer->storePacket(bPacket);
   //========I  added here=======//
   latestNPT=fReorderingBuffer->fHeadPacket->fPresentationTime;
   //========I added here=======//
    readSuccess = True;
  } while (0);
  if (!readSuccess) source->fReorderingBuffer->freePacket(bPacket);
  source->doGetNextFrame1();
I want to set up a global variable which can always records the latest
RTP packet's presentationTime and it should return to
playCommon.cpp to be used by other functions.
In the above code segment, I added a sentense between two //===// lines, but I do not know whether it is the right position to do this?   And, how can I update it and return it to playCommon.cpp?
Please give me some advice.
Thanks.
FilexBlue