[Live-devel] about: presentationTime--NPT--playMediaSe ssion--re-connect

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 21 17:26:22 PDT 2006

>I want to set up a global variable which can always records the latest
>RTP packet's presentationTime and it should return to
>playCommon.cpp to be used by other functions.
>In the above code segment, I added a sentense between two //===//
>lines, but I do not know whether it is the right position to do
>this?   And, how can I update it and return it to playCommon.cpp?
>Please give me some advice.

The presentation time for each incoming frame is *already* delivered
to each reader (in the data sink's 'after getting' function).  You do
not need to modify any underlying code to give you this - you already
have it!

In particular, note the function "FileSink::addData()" (in
"liveMedia/FileSink.cpp").  It includes a "presentationTime"
parameter.  You could modify this code (or, alternatively, write your
own "MediaSink" subclass) to use this parameter.