[Live-devel] MPEG4 in RTP help

Levente Kovacs lkovacs at xperts.hu
Mon Aug 21 05:57:39 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I am a new user of live, and I am currently hacking two IP cameras. Both cameras emit raw MPEG4 stream in RTP. What I want is to recieve the VOPs (I,P,B,S), or the entire MPEG4 stream by Live555, and process it with my code. So far, my program uses the MPEG4GenericRTPSource class.

The problem is that only the P type VOPs are received. Could anyone explain me what do I do wrong? I set up the class like this:

sessionState.source = MPEG4GenericRTPSource::createNew(*env, &rtpGroupsock, 96, 90000, "MPEG4", "generic", 2048000, 2048, 2048);

I have to admit that I have no clue about the last 3 argumet of the call.

Could anyone please help me about this topic.
Thank you very much in advance.

Levente