[Live-devel] MPEG4 in RTP help

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 21 19:06:52 PDT 2006

>I am a new user of live, and I am currently hacking two IP cameras.
>Both cameras emit raw MPEG4 stream in RTP.

I hope they are using our software to do the MPEG-4/RTP streaming :-)

>What I want is to recieve the VOPs (I,P,B,S), or the entire MPEG4
>stream by Live555, and process it with my code. So far, my program
>uses the MPEG4GenericRTPSource class.

No, to receive MPEG-4/RTP video, you should use the
"MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource" class.  ("MPEG4GenericRTPSource" is for a
more general RTP payload format that is (usually) used only for
MPEG-4 *audio* RTP streams.)

>The problem is that only the P type VOPs are received. Could anyone
>explain me what do I do wrong? I set up the class like this:
>
>sessionState.source = MPEG4GenericRTPSource::createNew(*env,
>&rtpGroupsock, 96, 90000, "MPEG4", "generic", 2048000, 2048, 2048);

Instead, call
    sessionState.source = MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource::createNew(*env,
&rtpGroupsock, 96, 90000);