[Live-devel] wis-streamer no audio

Jeremy jeremy at electrosilk.net
Mon Aug 21 20:42:22 PDT 2006

Hello,

Evaluating wis-streamer I have it most working except for the lack of
audio. Video works fine.

Running the driver utility app gorecord I can record an avi that
contains picture and sound. This means my setup is working and the
driver is doing the right thing.

When I use wis-streamer in any mode the system reports audio is being
delivered but it is totally silent. VLC reports the expected formats
e.g. mpgv and mpga and the right bit rates. I have tested with mplayer
and VLC. (One note is that trying to visualise the audio in VLC
consistently crashes VLC.)

My system logs have the following 'interesting' entries

debug log

Aug 21 16:49:03 ipstream kernel: application wis-streamer uses obsolete
OSS audio interface

message log

Aug 21 16:49:32 ipstream hald[3082]: Timed out waiting for hotplug event
606. Rebasing to 607
Aug 21 16:50:04 ipstream hald[3082]: Timed out waiting for hotplug event
609. Rebasing to 610

Asides from these logs I cannot see anything unusual. Any suggestions on
what steps can I take to locate and eliminate the problem?

Thanks

Jeremy