[Live-devel] wis-streamer driver check Centos / RHEL

Jeremy jeremy at electrosilk.net
Mon Aug 21 20:29:52 PDT 2006

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to bring this up.

I have started to set-up and test wis-streamer on a Centos 4.3 system
(RHEL equivalent). I have downloaded and installed
wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8 and the latest version of the live software
library and wis-streamer

The wis-streamer application would not start nor would the application
gorecord that comes with the driver. Checking into the code I see that
there is a driver check section in both sets of code. The code is is
looking in slightly the wrong place for the files - at least for Centos
/ RHEL.

When I disable that check in wis-streamer by defining
IGNORE_DRIVER_CHECK the programs starts up and runs O.K.

Applying the following diff to the gorecord.c file fixes the problem
there as well

<                       "/sys/class/video4linux/video%d/device/driver", i);
---
>                       "/sys/class/video4linux/video%d/driver", i);

Regards

Jeremy