[Live-devel] MPEG4 in RTP help

Levente Kovacs lkovacs at xperts.hu
Tue Aug 22 00:22:44 PDT 2006

Hello Ross,

> I hope they are using our software to do the MPEG-4/RTP streaming :-)

Life would be much easier with live555. But they use something else. :-( We currently have 4 type of mpeg camera, and we see 4 types of MPEG stream! :-)

> No, to receive MPEG-4/RTP video, you should use the
> "MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource" class.  ("MPEG4GenericRTPSource" is for a
> more general RTP payload format that is (usually) used only for
> MPEG-4 *audio* RTP streams.)
[...]
> Instead, call
>     sessionState.source = MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource::createNew(*env,
> &rtpGroupsock, 96, 90000);

Ah.. Ok. By the time I got this message, I tried to use SimpleRTPSource, and it was somehow working too.

Thank you very much for your help!

Levente