[Live-devel] wis-streamer no audio

Jeremy jeremy at electrosilk.net
Tue Aug 22 01:21:00 PDT 2006

Ross Finlayson wrote:
> Unfortunately, you're going to have to go through the "wis-streamer"
> code yourself (Remember, You Have Complete Source Code), to figure
> out if it is capturing audio correctly on your system, and if not,
> why not.

It turns out that defining IGNORE_DRIVER_CHECK in WISInput.h was causing
the loss of audio problem,

The resolution was to not define IGNORE_DRIVER_CHECK and manually go
through the code and change the paths used for v4l and ALSA
configuration to match the paths used by Centos 4.3 / RHEL

There was some original code to handle different paths but only in one
place. Even than the two alternates used did not match the Centos/RHEL
layout

The following are my patches for my immediate needs. They won't suite
anyone not running Centos 4.3 or RHEL equivalent.

166c166,167
<     snprintf(sympath, sizeof sympath,
"/sys/class/video4linux/video%d/device", i);
---
> //    snprintf(sympath, sizeof sympath,
"/sys/class/video4linux/video%d/device", i);
>     snprintf(sympath, sizeof sympath,
"/sys/class/video4linux/video%d/driver", i); // Alternate path for
Centos 4.3 [J]
186c187,188
<       snprintf(sympath, sizeof sympath,
"/sys/class/sound/pcmC%dD0c/device", i);
---
> //      snprintf(sympath, sizeof sympath,
"/sys/class/sound/pcmC%dD0c/device", i);
>       snprintf(sympath, sizeof sympath,
"/sys/class/sound/pcmC%dD0c/driver", i);      // Alternate path for
Centos 4.3 [J]