[Live-devel] h264 and ulaw save to mp4

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 6 04:53:47 PST 2006

>hi,
>    I use the quicktimefilesink save h.264 and ulaw data to a .mp4 file,
>but there have some errors:
>
>     the quicktime palyer dont play it ,an report a error:
>         Error -2041:an invalid sample description was found in the movie
>
>     I try to play the mp4 file with VLC,I can hear the voice but the
>video is invisible
>
>    When the VLC playing the mp4 video, it have follow errors:
>
>    fmpeg warning: Unknown NAL code: 0 (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: AVC: Consumed only 8 bytes instead of 359 (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: non existing PPS referenced   (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: decode_slice_header error (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: AVC: nal size -834895872 (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: cannot decode one frame (4742 bytes)
>    ffmpeg warning: AVC: Consumed only 1 bytes instead of 2124
>    (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: Unknown NAL code: 0
>    (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: Unknown NAL code: 26
>    (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: AVC: Consumed only 1790 bytes instead of 2113111429
>     (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: Unknown NAL code: 30
>    (h264 at 00AF7C50)
>    ffmpeg warning: cannot decode one frame (2124 bytes)
>

>    I dont know how to solve these errors,please give a hand.

Unfortunately the support for recording H.264 video in ".mp4" (and
".mov") files was written by someone else as a 'proof of concept',
and was never fully completed or debugged.  It currently does not
work properly.

(I assume that you are able to properly play your original RTSP
stream using QuickTime Player or VLC.)