[Live-devel] Server and client on different machine

Gunar Riwanda riwanda at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 08:30:04 PST 2006

i've modified the testonmpeg4videostreamer so that it is fed with frames by an encoder (I'm using devicesource instead bytestreamfilesource), and also modified the openRTSP so that after a frame is received, it will be decoded and visualized immediately(much like what vlc does) .

so, when server and client are on the same computer, it works perfectly.
But when they are on different machine, it doesn't work or in other word it works very slowly.

at first i thought it was firewall problem. But surprise, surprise...after a long wait...i received my 1st frame..
after a couple minutes passed by, i received my 2nd frame.and so on.
the distance between one frame to another is random.that means i can receive one frame after 8 minutes then another frame after 20 minutes then another frame after 3 minutes and so on...
knowing this, i think that it's not a firewall problem.

also with unmodified openRTSP, i got the same result...only 3 kb after 10 minutes.
with server and client on the same machine, it doesn't have this problem.

did someone have this problem before?
or does someone know by any chance why this problem happens?
or is my conclusion wrong and i do have firewall problem?

i use windows xp and visualstudio 2003.
I'm very grateful for any hints.

regards,
gunar

ps: my problem before this with the tittle "problem on my "slightly" modified testmpeg4esvideostreamer" was caused by my fault forgetting some variables to be declared in the header file and not because i didn't read the FAQ. Of course I've read it and the read_from_files_synchronously was already set before i asked the question  :-)