[Live-devel] Why does Live555 separate the MPEG2PS stream to two streams while streaming?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 11 17:50:22 PST 2006

>I simply removed the transport stream related code,
>such as the sync byte and duration estimate part,

No, if you're streaming from a (Program Stream) file, then you can't
remove the duration estimate (and assignment to
"fDurationInMicroseconds"), otherwise the file data will get streamed
as fast as possible, rather than at it's natural rate.  (That's why
you're seeing packet loss.)

You're going to have to figure out yourself what the appropriate
duration is for each chunk of file data that you're streaming.
You're on your own here...

(If you'd just streamed the Program Stream data the proper, standard
way - as separate audio/video RTP streams - using the supplied test
program code, then you wouldn't be having any of these problems.
That's why I won't be giving you any more help here.)