[Live-devel] Why does Live555 separate the MPEG2PS stream to two streams while streaming?

Sean yunjnz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 18:20:20 PST 2006

--- Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> >I simply removed the transport stream related code,
> >such as the sync byte and duration estimate part,
>
> No, if you're streaming from a (Program Stream)
> file, then you can't
> remove the duration estimate (and assignment to
> "fDurationInMicroseconds"), otherwise the file data
> will get streamed
> as fast as possible, rather than at it's natural
> rate.  (That's why
> you're seeing packet loss.)
>
> You're going to have to figure out yourself what the
> appropriate
> duration is for each chunk of file data that you're
> streaming.
> You're on your own here...
>
> (If you'd just streamed the Program Stream data the
> proper, standard
> way - as separate audio/video RTP streams - using
> the supplied test
> program code, then you wouldn't be having any of
> these problems.
> That's why I won't be giving you any more help
> here.)

Of course I prefer using the existing streaming mode
in live555, but my client need to re-multiplex the
separated audio/video streams to MPEG2PS since my
client still need to stream out MPEG2PS format via
another streaming mode.
Is there any simple mode for estimating the duration?
or is there any good method for the estimation?

also any other suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sean