[Live-devel] ./live555MediaServer: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.6'

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 13 00:43:29 PST 2006

>Hi, All.
>      I compile live555MediaServer with the cross-compiler
>"arm-uclibc-linux-" , then I run it on the ARM(arm926ejs), it shows
>"./live555MediaServer: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.6 ". Is the
>Makefile  not correct? or some other reasons

Do you get the same problem when you try to run the "testProgs"?  (I
suspect so.)

The problem appears to be that your cross-compiled application is
dependent upon a dynamic-linked library (in this case,
"libstdc++.so.6") that turns out not to be present on your ARM
computer.

To fix this, you'll either need to make this library available on the
ARM computer, or else modify your "config.<whatever>" file (and then
rerun "genMakefiles") so that it links the library statically rather
than dynamically.  You will have to figure out how to do that.