[Live-devel] ./live555MediaServer: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.6'

陈东伟 wei.francois at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 03:02:08 PST 2006

Hi, Ross
      I have solved this problem,
      I copy a "so" file (that the cross compile tools provides)to the /lib
directory, then rename it to "'libstdc++.so.6". Then it works.
      But certainly, it isn't a good way . Because I don't know how to
modify the config.<whatever> file. I want to know how to modify the
configure file in order to link the ARM Share Object, not the X86.

2006/12/13, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>:

> >Hi, All.
> >      I compile live555MediaServer with the cross-compiler
> >"arm-uclibc-linux-" , then I run it on the ARM(arm926ejs), it shows
> >"./live555MediaServer: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.6 ". Is the
> >Makefile  not correct? or some other reasons
>
> Do you get the same problem when you try to run the "testProgs"?  (I
> suspect so.)
>
> The problem appears to be that your cross-compiled application is
> dependent upon a dynamic-linked library (in this case,
> "libstdc++.so.6") that turns out not to be present on your ARM
> computer.
>
> To fix this, you'll either need to make this library available on the
> ARM computer, or else modify your "config.<whatever>" file (and then
> rerun "genMakefiles") so that it links the library statically rather
> than dynamically.  You will have to figure out how to do that.
> --
>
> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/