[Live-devel] Use of fBank buffers

Mallikharjuna Reddy (NAVT) ymreddy at ssdi.sharp.co.in
Tue Dec 19 06:50:33 PST 2006

Hi Everybody,

We are using RTP server and client test programs to stream MPEG II files. On
the server side, we observed that it uses two bank buffers fBANK[0] and
fBANK[1]. It reads BANK_SIZE of data into fBANK[0] and after parsing and
sending the data to the client, it swaps the remaining data from fBANK[0]
into fBANK[1] and reads BANK_SIZE of data into fBANK[1].

Any idea why to use two buffers instead of single buffer.

Also it is observed that for PS streams, it uses four bank buffers. Any idea
why these four buffers are used.

Thanks and Regards
Y. Mallikharjuna Reddy