[Live-devel] How to test the RTSP Multicast server ?

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Dec 19 10:48:18 PST 2006

When I started up the testMpeg1or2VideoStreamer  programs in the
command-line environment, oh!the system outputs the running information
correctly,but when I open the url and receive the RTSP stream with the

Playing url I used on Mplayer : rtsp://239.255.42.42:8888 (correctly?)

Re: I don't think you're using the correct RTSP URL.  Make sure you are
building testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer with IMPLEMENT_RTSP_SERVER defined.
testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer should print the correct URL for you when you run
it.  If the URL is not printed, then you are not building it with RTSP
support.  A correct URL would look like this:
stream Name, and you are using the multicast destination and port for the
server address and port.  Ex: "rtsp://127.0.0.1:554/testStream"

Xochitl