[Live-devel] Regarding testOnDemandRTSPServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 20 16:37:20 PST 2006

>I am using testOnDemandRTSPServer application for streaming. I have
>5 .Wav files to stream , so am i need to create 5 ServerMediaSession
>objects for each input file , means 1000 SMS objects for 1000 files
>streaming?

Instead, use the "LIVE555 Media Server":
<http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/>  It was designed for this
purpose: streaming from an arbitrary number of existing files.  (The
"ServerMediaSession" objects are created, on demand, for each
incoming client request.)

>  I tried to create single ServerMediaSession object and created 5
>ServerMedioaSubSession Objects for each input file and added all in
>one ServerMediaSession object. Doing this when a request from client
>arrives SET_UP Packet for all 5 files(track1, track2....) comes and
>it eventually it shows loading on real player but unable to play.

Forget 'RealPlayer' - use VLC as your RTSP client.