[Live-devel] H.264 RTP

#TAY KOON HWEE# TAYK0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Dec 29 09:54:47 PST 2006

Hi guys,

need more help on h.264 RTP.

my encoder will parse the encoded video in Annex B file format. Does this mean i do not need to write a VideoSteamParser? Also, I found in another program which stream MPEG4 video, the programmer did not implement a framer. Instead he modified the ByteStreamFileSource.

////////// ByteStreamVideoSource //////////
ByteStreamVideoSource::ByteStreamVideoSource(UsageEnvironment& env,
        unsigned preferredFrameSize,
        float playTimePerFrame)
  : FramedSource(env), fPreferredFrameSize(preferredFrameSize),
    fPlayTimePerFrame(playTimePerFrame) {
}

For my case, where the encoder gets the data from a ring buffer to encode and then pass to another ring buffer for streaming using RTP, can I dont have a framer.cpp and use the h.264video sink directly?

Many thanks.

zkunhui