[Live-devel] Converting PS- (VOBs) to TS files

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 8 10:14:14 PST 2006

>im trying to convert mpeg ps files into mpeg ts files using the tool
>"testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream" from the live library.
>After conversion I can stream the resulting .ts file but there is no sound...
>
>The vob file contains 3 audio- and a lot of subtitle tracks.
>I need to have all that audio- and subtitletracks in the resulting ts file.
>There should also be proper entries in the PMT so the receiver can
>see that there are different audio and subtitletracks.
>
>Has anyone else tried this and can maybe tell how/where I have
>to start fondling around in the code to achieve that?

Helmut,

I would look at the code in
"MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor::handleNewBuffer()" that sets the
stream type for each incoming PES packet, based on its 'stream_id'.

Your audio tracks may be using unusual 'stream_id' values.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>