[Live-devel] Converting PS- (VOBs) to TS files

ECU Laboratories eculabs at gmx.net
Wed Feb 15 19:50:05 PST 2006

Hi Ross,

the situation is this: in my vob (as in the vast majority of  DVD vobs)
the sound is provided
as AC3 tracks. They come on stream 0xBD as substreams starting with
0x80. First audio
tack would be on stream 0xBD substream 0x80 the second one on stream
0xBD  substream 0x81
etc. Same applies to subtitles.
Now that function (handleNewBuffer)  treats anything that is on 0xBD
(PR1) as one stream
(ignoring that there are audio and subtitle subtracks) and accordingly
inserts only one entry
into the PMT (with stream type = 0x6). The decoder does not seem to
understand this and
expects separate streams with an own PID and stream type (0x81 in case
of AC3).
Am I right with this?
Now I will try to give each substream an own PID and the corresponding
stream type
(what is the proper stream type for DVB subtitles?) and hope the decoder
(It's an Amino
110h) will see that.

Regards,
Helmut