[Live-devel] Misroute of RTCP RR Packet from RTSP Client [Additional info]

Ryan Wong ryan.wong at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 03:22:05 PST 2006

I have undone all my changes to the codes and conducted a few more trial
runs under ethereal monitoring. I realized that the RTCP RR reports are
actually sent to whatever IP address I specified in line 62 of
testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer.cpp. (If i leave the multicast address
239.255.42.42 intact, the RR packets are sent there. If I were to modify it
to aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd, then the RR packets will be sent to aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd).

I have read the relevant FAQ at
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#unicast and i think this is not a
bug. My bad for jumping into conclusion earlier. Now it seems like I have to
add the codes in receiver to explicitly specify the server address. I am
still deciding on whether I should use mplayer OR VLC as my RTSP client. Can
someone kindly tell me where to modify the code in VLC and mplayer to
specify the server address? I'm lost here. Thanks a million!

Best regards,
Ryan