[Live-devel] Misroute of RTCP RR Packet from RTSP Client [Additional info]

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 20 14:32:40 PST 2006

At 11:22 AM 2/20/2006, you wrote:
>I have undone all my changes to the codes and conducted a few more
>trial runs under ethereal monitoring. I realized that the RTCP RR
>reports are actually sent to whatever IP address I specified in line
>62 of testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer.cpp

Yes, because "testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer" is intended primarily
for *multicast* streaming.

If, instead, you want to stream via unicast, don't use any of the
"test*Streamer" demo applications.  Instead, use
"testOnDemandRTSPServer".  (This is explained clearly in the FAQ.)

>I am still deciding on whether I should use mplayer OR VLC as my RTSP client.

VLC is better.

>  Can someone kindly tell me where to modify the code in VLC and
> mplayer to specify the server address?

You don't need to 'modify' this code at all.  Instead, just give the
"rtsp://" URL to the media player, and it will play it.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>