[Live-devel] About Video/Audio Synchronization Problem

Sunrose Cheng sunrose at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:36:45 PST 2006

Hello~

I have several questions about streaming MPEG-4 and Amr bitstream to
Darwinserver: (client side: QT player)

1.      Video Source: capture and encode them to MPEG-4 bistreams using
filters(ffdshow), and then call live server to stream these bitstreams
(using modified Device Source class) to Darwin server, and I use the QT
player to browse my content, in the beginning, it played but delayed 10 secs
( I thought it may be caused by buffer), but while it played about 1 minute,
it seemed it played real time (delay time < 1 sec), how did it make? At this
time, I looked up its frame rate from QT player, its value was just half of
original frame rate, why? Could you help me?

2.      Audio Source: capture audio samples and encode them to amr bistreams
, and then call live server to stream these bitstreams (I modify
AMRAudioFileSource class to receive our encoded bitstraems) to Darwin
server, and I use the QT player to listen my voice, it played but always
delayed 10 secs ( I thought it may be caused by buffer), why was it
different from video playback? Could you help me?
3.      Audio/ Video Sync: when I stream audio and video bitstreams at the
same time, QT played video and audio synchronously but delayed 10 secs
(compare with real image and voice), while playing about 1 minute, the video
was almost as same as the real-time image and the audio was still 10 secs
delay, could you tell me how to solve this sync problem??

Thank you..