[Live-devel] How to adaptively adjust iFramesOnly variable on-the-fly

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 24 01:08:53 PST 2006

>I noticed in testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer.cpp that the framer for
>Elementary Video Stream is created using
>videoSource=MPEH1or2VideoStreamFramer::createNew(*env, videoES,
>iFramesOnly) before being passed into videoSink.
>
>Can anyone kindly tell me how do I toggle the iFramesOnly variable
>from True to False and vice-versa should I need to do that to adapt to
>network condition during one continuous video streaming session?

The "iFramesOnly" parameter was originallly intended to be set once
only, when the "MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer" is created.  However, if
you were to modify the code to allow that parameter (actually, the
"fIFramesOnly" field) to be changed dynamically, then that would
probably work).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>