[Live-devel] Exit due to BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep(): select() fails: Bad file descriptor

Brain Lai BrainLai at HealthGen.net
Fri Feb 24 20:25:20 PST 2006

Dear all:

Executing openRTSP to receive m4v as mp4 file with QuickTimeFileSink, I note
the shutdown() in playComm.cpp calls exit() to teminate this program. If I
comment out exit(), this program still terminates and prints:

BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep(): select() fails: Bad file descriptor

How shall I avoid it? The application  may needs to wait for user input or
create another session even if its subsession receives RTCP "Bye."

Besides, the QuickTimeFileSink is not save in a subsession's sink pointer as
FileSink. We should hold the pointer globally or in other way. Why not let
MediaSession remeber it?

BR.

--
        Brain Lai