[Live-devel] Stream MPEG4 from capture card - Step 1

Gert Vrebos - Tactics bvba gert.vrebos at tactics.be
Thu Jan 12 10:44:16 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm new to the live555 libraries.  My goal is to stream MPEG4 data from a
hardware MPEG4 encoder card.   Now I'm stuck at step one, I captured the raw
MPEG4 data (only the frames, no header) to a file and tried to stream this
file using the testMPEG4VideoStreamer.cpp example.

Result:

Play this stream using the URL "rtsp://10.0.0.40:8554/testStream"

Beginning streaming...

Beginning to read from file...

MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code
000001F5

MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not set!

MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code
000001F5

MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not set!

MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code
000001F5

MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not set!

(every few ms I get 2 additional errors.)

The mpeg4 file plays fine with Mplayer.  You can find it here:

http://test.tactics.be/streaming/test2.m4v

Can anybody help me figure out what's going wrong ?  Is it in the wrong
format ?  Do I need to add a header (how ?) ?

Thx for your time.

Gert.