[Live-devel] Stream MPEG4 from capture card - Step 1

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 12 02:55:03 PST 2006

>I'm new to the live555 libraries.  My goal is to stream MPEG4 data
>from a hardware MPEG4 encoder card.   Now I'm stuck at step one, I
>captured the raw MPEG4 data (only the frames, no header) to a file
>and tried to stream this file using the testMPEG4VideoStreamer.cpp example.
>
>Result:
>
>Play this stream using the URL "rtsp://10.0.0.40:8554/testStream"
>Beginning streaming...
>Beginning to read from file...
>MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code 000001F5

The problem here is that your MPEG-4 video data contains 16 bytes of
non-standard data - beginning with 0x000001F5, up to (but not
including) the following 0x000001B6 - at the end of each "Video
Object Plane".  If you delete this non-standard data, your file will
probably stream OK.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>