[Live-devel] Question about H.264 streaming

Luca Abeni lucabe72 at email.it
Thu Jan 19 09:46:27 PST 2006

Hi Ross,

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 07:41 -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:
[...]
> >So, I am trying to write some simple code for streaming H.264 video.
> >My idea is to use Packetization Mode 0 (Single NAL Unit Mode), just to
> >simplify my tests. But this results in RTP packets bigger than 1500
> >bytes. Is this valid according to the standards?
>
> Yes, but it's not recommended, because the resulting RTP packet will
> often get fragmented over several IP packets, and the receiving OS
> may have trouble with this.
Thanks for confirming this. So, I think I am hitting some bug (because
vlc cannot receive my stream, and I just verified that the stream is
correct and no packet is lost, by dumping the RTP payload).

I am investigating the problem, and if it turns out that it is a live555
bug I'll report my findings.

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Per la casa dei tuoi sogni, la soluzione è un Credito Casa Findomestic, facile e senza anticipi, clicca qui per realizzare un sogno!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3932&d=19-1