[Live-devel] PATCH RTSP KeepAlive Support.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 20 10:10:20 PST 2006

Glen,

As (I thought I had) explained earlier, any 'keep alive' mechanism
that uses the RTSP "GET_PARAMETER" command can (and should) be
implemented outside the "RTSPClient" object, using the existing
"RTSPClient::getMediaSessionParameter()" function.  I will not be
adding any such mechanism to the "RTSPClient" implementation.

Instead, you should add this 'keep alive' mechanism to VLC's
"livedotcom.cpp" code.

If there's something about the existing "RTSPClient" implementation
that you feel makes it impossible to do this, then let me know.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>