[Live-devel] PATCH RTSP KeepAlive Support.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 24 10:47:55 PST 2006

Glen,

This is looking a bit better.  However, I still don't want to add any
new 'keep alive' parameter to "RTSPClient::createNew()" (because your
'Kasenna keep alive' mechanism is something that takes place outside
"RTSPClient".

However, what I will do is the following:
1/ Because the optional "timeout" field in the "Session:" response is
actually mentioned in the RTSP standard, I'll add support for parsing
this (and add a method to "RTSPClient" for querying this value).
2/ I'll allow "RTSPClient::getMediaSessionParameter()" to take a NULL
(or empty) "parameterName" value, as you have done.

The only remaining issue - as far as I can tell - will be this "_KA"
user agent bullshit?  Does the Kasenna server really care about this??

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>