[Live-devel] fastforward / rewind

ECU Laboratories eculabs at gmx.net
Wed Jan 25 12:01:49 PST 2006

Hi,

I am evaluating a streaming solution based on an Amino 110 STB and
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" from the live lib. I need to stream VOB
files on demand to a couple of aminos boxes. To do this I first convert
the VOB into a TS then feed it to the "testOnDemand..." server.
Everything so far looks good. The only problem i see so far is how
to implement fastforward/rewind. Is there an implementation of this
functionality for mpeg2 TS streams in the live lib (i saw that there is one
for mp3 files). If I would have to implement it:what would be a realistic
effort estimation for it? How can i proceed: stream only I frames and
skip each nth frame for fastforward for example... ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Helmut