[Live-devel] fastforward / rewind

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 25 02:56:36 PST 2006

>The only problem i see so far is how
>to implement fastforward/rewind. Is there an implementation of this
>functionality for mpeg2 TS streams in the live lib

No, not yet.  We did an implementation of this as a custom project
for a client, but unfortunately this was custom, proprietary
code.  Someday it may get reimplemented as general code to be added
to the public "LIVE555 Streaming Media" source code release - but
probably not anytime in the near future.

>If I would have to implement it:what would be a realistic
>effort estimation for it?

It's a *lot* of work, unfortunately

>  How can i proceed: stream only I frames and
>skip each nth frame for fastforward for example... ?

Yes, that seems to be the only way to do this.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>