[Live-devel] (RTSP+UDP) with Windows Media Server - problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 25 02:51:08 PST 2006

>Does anybody have an idea why I get this behavior from the server
>(the emphasis is on the " RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported Transport " response)

This error message probably means just what it says - the server does
not support RTP/UDP streaming.  I don't know why - you'd need to ask
Microsoft.  In general, though, you can't expect Microsoft's
streaming software to conform to standards at all.  (I'm surprised
that you were even able to get RTP/TCP streaming to work.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>