[Live-devel] RTP timestamp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 3 10:37:34 PDT 2006

>Is it possible to attach any timestamp to frame before sending to client?
>For example we have some JPEG files. These files was stored in Juny 1
>2006 12:30:43.10 from Axis webcamera.
>These files stored as archive with random access.
>
>if I'm streaming video from that archive (as sequences of JPEG files)
>then frame time must be corresponded to archive time of the frame.
>
>I tried to play with fPresentationTime variable. But seems is not what I
>need, cause on client side (Filesink::addData) presentationTime value is
>always current time.

The "fPresentationTime" variable that is set by a source object must
be aligned with 'wall clock time' - i.e. the time that you would get
by calling "gettimeofday()".  Therefore, if your original timestamps
come from some other time base, you must first add or subtract an
appropriate offset before you assign it to "fPresentationTime".

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>