[Live-devel] RTP timestamp

Maxim max at code-it-now.com
Tue Jul 4 00:55:04 PDT 2006

Hi Ross!

> The "fPresentationTime" variable that is set by a source object must
> be aligned with 'wall clock time' - i.e. the time that you would get
> by calling "gettimeofday()".  Therefore, if your original timestamps
> come from some other time base, you must first add or subtract an
> appropriate offset before you assign it to "fPresentationTime".

It's  what excactly I tried to do. But seems I'm not enough understand this
mechanism cause it will not work for me.

My code on server side looks like:

void MyFileSource::incomingPacketHandler1() {
// Getting jpeg frame  from archive
// Getting its timestamp
// Assigning this timestamp to "fPresentationTime"
fPresentationTime = currentFrameTimestamp;

// Delivering frame to client, calling "afterGetting"
}
Is there any wrong?

But on client side (Filesink::addData) "presentationTime" always equals
client's local timestamp. And increments when new frame received.

Great thanks for advance!