[Live-devel] TS Files and Sound

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 5 08:48:16 PDT 2006

>I'm using liveMedia libraries.  I have successfully sent a
>TransportStream (*.ts files) to Aminet 110 STB's.  Everything is
>perfect, except that there is no sound.  Do you have any idea of why
>this may be?

It's most likely because the audio is in a format that the Amino STB
does not handle.  If I recall correctly, it can handle only MPEG
layer II audio - not layer III (i.e., MP3).

>  Other streaming clients (like VLC) are able to play sound.

That's because they are better than the Amino STB :-)

>Is there a way to convert, on the fly, and MPEG2 video to a Transport Stream??

Note our "testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream" demo application,
which converts a MPEG Program Stream file to a Transport Stream file.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>