[Live-devel] TS Files and Sound

Napoleon Cornejo ncornejo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 08:16:01 PDT 2006

Hello Ross,

Thank you for your fast response.  I have analyzed the TS stream produced by
the "testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream" program.  Apparently, the problem
is caused because there is no Audio PID present in the stream.  It would
appear that the audio and video have been multiplexed together, and plays
fine in VLC, etc, but is having a problem with the Aminet 110 STB.

Is there a way to use the LiveMedia library to create a TS stream with audio
PID ?

thank you.

Napoleon E. Cornejo

On 7/5/06, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> >I'm using liveMedia libraries.  I have successfully sent a
> >TransportStream (*.ts files) to Aminet 110 STB's.  Everything is
> >perfect, except that there is no sound.  Do you have any idea of why
> >this may be?
>
> It's most likely because the audio is in a format that the Amino STB
> does not handle.  If I recall correctly, it can handle only MPEG
> layer II audio - not layer III (i.e., MP3).
>
> >  Other streaming clients (like VLC) are able to play sound.
>
> That's because they are better than the Amino STB :-)
>

> >Is there a way to convert, on the fly, and MPEG2 video to a Transport
> Stream??
>
> Note our "testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream" demo application,
> which converts a MPEG Program Stream file to a Transport Stream file.
>

>         Ross Finlayson
>         Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
>         <http://www.live555.com/>

Napoleon E. Cornejo