[Live-devel] TS Files and Sound

Napoleon Cornejo ncornejo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 09:24:27 PDT 2006

Thank you, Ross.

I have placed the original mpeg video here:
http://208.131.130.36/zyban_b.mpg

And the converted to TS using liveMedia is here:
http://208.131.130.36/zyban_b.ts

My code to convert from mpeg to ts is basically this:

FramedSource* inputSource = ByteStreamFileSource::createNew(*env,
inputFile);
MPEG1or2Demux* baseDemultiplexor = MPEG1or2Demux::createNew(*env,
inputSource);
MPEG1or2DemuxedElementaryStream* pesSource =
baseDemultiplexor->newRawPESStream();
FramedSource* tsFrames  = MPEG2TransportStreamFromPESSource::createNew(*env,
pesSource);
MediaSink* outputSink = FileSink::createNew(*env, outputFile);
outputSink->startPlaying(*tsFrames, afterConverting, NULL);

My code, to stream it over the network is this:

ServerMediaSession* sms = ServerMediaSession::createNew(*env, streamName,
streamName,                 descriptionString);
sms->addSubsession(MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession::createNew(*env,
inputFileName, False));
rtspServer->addServerMediaSession(sms);

On 7/6/06, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> >Thank you for your fast response.  I have analyzed the TS stream
> >produced by the "testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream"
> >program.  Apparently, the problem is caused because there is no
> >Audio PID present in the stream.
>
> Please put your original MPEG Program Stream (*not* the Transport
> Stream) file on a web server, and send us the URL, so we can take a
> look at this ourselves.
>

>         Ross Finlayson
>         Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
>         <http://www.live555.com/>