[Live-devel] Running openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 21 13:52:49 PDT 2006

>This appears to work fine for starting and stopping the thread once, however
>if I have qosMeasurementIntervalMS set to anything other than 0 I get a
>segfault trying to start the thread again (it segfaults in the function
>RTPSource::receptionStatsDB). I thought that this maybe due to some
>variable not being cleared properly on shutdown of the openRTSP thread

Yes - that's probably the case.  Note that the "openRTSP" code was
intended to be run as a single application - not run more than once
in the same process.

I think your use of threads is a red herring here (I assume, BTW,
that you have read the FAQ entries that discuss threads).  I suspect
that you'd run into similar problems (but much easier to debug) if
you were to call the openRTSP code more than once - simply as a
procedure.  So that's what I suggest you do, for now.

It's possible that there is some more cleanup code that should be
added to "shutdown()"; if you find it, please let us know.

Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.