[Live-devel] calling Live555 libraries from a C app under Embedded Visual C++ 4.0

Rodrigo Weymar weymar at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Sun Jul 23 07:05:29 PDT 2006

Hi all,

probably this is not the right mailing list to ask, since my question is
not directly concerning the Live555 libraries. But maybe someone can help
me or give me an advice.

I am trying to integrate the Live555 libs (I am interested in the RTSP
support provided by these libs) into an C app, more exactly a streaming
player for Pocket PC/WinCE420, which is written in C.

I use Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 as IDE.

I don't get any compilation errors, since from the C source code I am
using the following preprocessor directive:

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {

here I put the Live555 C++ classes

}
#endif

What happens is that, when I run the app, the Live555 classes don't take
any effect. That is, the Embedded Visual C++  C/C++ compiler seems to just
ignore what is in between the preprocessor directives. It seems to have
not linked the C++ classes to the C objs.

The document in [1] says that the C++ runtime libraries should be explicitly
linked to the app. The problem is that I can not figure out how Embedded
Visual C++ manages that. I was not able to find any option in "Project
Settings" or in "Tools -> Options" concerning that.

I also googled for solutions, but was not able to find one.

Would someone have previous experience with that? Could someone give me
help, please ?

Thanks a lot!

Rodrigo

[1] http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/cc/articles/mixing.html#linking