[Live-devel] Compiling darwin injector example

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jul 22 16:43:20 PDT 2006

>Ok. Thanks I was compiling them in the wrong order.
>Even after I compiled it thought the makefile still
>pointed towards needing basicusageenvironment.hh in
>the livemedia/include directory, which it is not.

The include file "BasicUsageEnvironment.hh" should be in the
"BasicUsageEnvironment/include" directory, *not*  the
"liveMedia/include" directory.  If you are building the "testProgs"
(or any other application), then you should be including both of
those directories (as well as "groupsock/include" and
"UsageEnvironment/include"). If you build the Makefiles properly,
then this should happen automatically.

>Do you happen to know what direction I should take on
>modifying the Darwin injector to accept a hinted mp4
>stream?

The "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code doesn't do anything with 'hinting'
- that's a hack that's used only by the Darwin Streaming Server
itself (when streaming from local files).  I think you're really
asking how to demultiplex a MPEG-4-format file.  This is something
that we don't yet support.